Here is a list of useful information resources and tools that I have come across whilst building my own Auto-Tading infrastructure.
Connecting to Interactive Broker API
- IbPy – A Python third-party implementation of the API used for accessing the Interactive Brokers online trading system. IbPy implements functionality that the Python programmer can use to connect to IB, request stock ticker data, submit orders for stocks and futures, and more. A python install package is maintained at PyPi under the name of IbPy2.
- ezIBpy – A Pythonic wrapper for the IbPy library by @blampe
- BracketTrader – Frontend to control IB’s Trader Workstation (TWS) via the IB API. The program duplicates what you do manually to manage your trades but does it faster and error-free. BracketTrader eliminates human “mechanical” errors in your trading.
Stock listings & actions
- Stocks listings @ NYSE, NASDAX and AMEX.
- Upcoming stock-splits in US markets.
- Earnings calendar US markets.